Search This Blog

Friday, April 04, 2003

Til death do us part
I hope to never hear these words again.
Not from my mouth, nor the mouth of my daughter.
Nor the mouth of anyone else.
How these few words will forever weigh heavily on my heart and mind?
How will I show excitement and happiness when I hear them again?
How can I be encouraging to my daughter when she considers this phrase?
Knowing what the future will most likely bring.
How will I ever utter these words again?
Without reliving the pain they've already caused.
How can these words be spoken twice by the same heart? Or can they?
How can I ever believe this phrase again?
Nothing is "Til death" when it comes to humans.
Will I always feel this way?
Will I forever battle the darkness left behind by simple words?
Only til death do I part.

No comments:

Blog Archive