Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What is new

We moved two doors down. Daine and I were living in a 550 square foot apartment, I felt like a hoarder, books and movies piled systematically on overbearing book shelves, but the matter is remedied. After animal sacrifice and voodoo the hag moved out of the house and I asked the landlord to carry our lease over. He agreed. It's over 1100 square feet, and everything is now fitting nicely. Wished I hadn't given away several hundred books in the last move, ha ha. (Exaggeration)

We have a new dog named Lucy, she is half Lab and half Dachshund. We call her a doxydor. Sherman the cocker is five.
Then we have Phantom James (25 lbs) Nodkin (15lbs) and Geilais (8lbs) Cats.
 
    Yesterday I went to Boise Psychologist Dr. Scott Armentrout for a follow up on Daine's I Q tests. He said Daine is the highest IQ that he has ever tested in his whole career. A 100 is normal in the range of verbal communication and understanding, on that alone Daine scored 149. Armentrout says Daine will probably not do well in school because of the way he is wired, he remembers everything but is disorganized and doesn't like to keep a journal as required by school personel. Daine does difficult math sums in his head, reads on a college level, and gets placed in gifted and talented classes, which he doesn't pass. They want me to sit on him and make him do his homework, I will not, Daine must make his own choices.
I am trying to get him into an alternative school called Idaho Arts. I worked there five days a week with an aspergers kid a type of autism) who was 6 years old at the time. I like the fast pace and the teachers who think out of the box, I knew it would be a good fit for Daine. 
Otherwise its going to be another four years of hell keeping him motivated in regular school. So far he is a brilliant happy kid, but is prone to depression and a feeling of being overwhelmed. He writes his own blog on Video games that he tests. Last year he was about 4 ft 11, this year he is five foot 11 and still growing, I think he is going to be over six foot tall by the end of summer.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive