Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Whitehall Lane Winery

I suddenly remembered this wine. I was twenty eight, staying at the Hofsas Haus with a friend. Visiting places of wonder to me. I was a small town girl after all, and it was all magic to me.

http://www.hofsashouse.com/default.html

Pinot Noir, A wine for sensualists. Makes the great reds of Burgundy and good wines from California and Oregon. More delicate than Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, with strawberry and tea-leaf aromas and flavors, excellent with grilled salmon, roast chicken and grilled lamb.

We tried it with Cream Havarti Cheese and French bread. that was to be our diet for the next ten days.

In ways one cannot imagine. Thoughts assail, time moves on. Think on the things that make you smile.

No comments:

Blog Archive