Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Leggings and Sweatshirt

Saturday Morning, with so many ambitious things on my mind, but the coffee is getting cold and I am still in my night uniform. Not pretty little nightys for me, I like the baggy sweatshirts and leggings. It is cold in my room, my hands are getting numb on the keyboard. The door frame is missing and I can see outside through the cracks, I think its about forty degrees out there. I suppose I should complain to the management.
I got a furry warm rug under my desk, she grunts in protest if I dig my toes into her soft coat.
Lucy the Labrador, my constant companion my best friend. She doesn't have a lot to say, she thinks barking is rude, but she grunts and makes interesting noises when she would like me to do something. This morning it was, "GET UP!" she put her face very close to my ear and "told" me in her strange language to get my lazy ass out of bed and feed the dog.
I would think she was human, except for two things that really stand out, her inability to resist rolling in something glorious, and her craving for garbage.
She likes to sit on the couch next to me and watch PBS. She especially likes history. And the occasional cracker I hand to her when I forget she is a dog.
She likes things done in the same way, she likes her dish elevated so she doesn't have to bend her neck to eat. She likes to be at my feet whatever I am doing, she offers suggestions for dinner. She thinks its a good idea for her to test dinner before it goes on the table for the kids. She is a very thoughtful dog.
She is gentle and generous, she thinks kids are ok, but doesn't get especially excited when they get up in the morning, unless they have food. Then she wags her tail and grins at them.
Her grinning is a bit offputing if you don't know what it is, she bares her teeth and raises her upper lip. I had never seen a dog do that before and thought it was an act of aggression only she never growls.
The vet told me it was a grin.
She grins a lot.

No comments:

Blog Archive