Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dead Souls


Dead Souls
Nine Inch Nails

Someone take these dreams away
That point me to another day
A duel of personalities
That stretch all true reality
They keep calling me
Keep on calling me
They keep calling me
Keep on calling me

When figures from the past stand tall
And mocking voices ring the hall
Imperialistic house of prayer
Conquistadores who took their share

They keep calling me
Keep on calling me
They keep calling me
Keep on calling me

Calling me, calling me
Calling me, calling me

They keep calling me
Keep on calling me
They keep calling me
Keep on calling me

Written by: joy division
Performed by: trent reznor

Song lyric essay assignment

I had to tell the tale, I am so angry. I am filled with so much raw hate, when I think I am doing better it comes back to haunt me. There is no cure for a pedophile, they should all be dead, and they should be dead before they touch a child.
Reflecting? It is what I do, every day every waking moment. I have darkness in me that I cannot share with anyone. I hesitate even now, but I am consumed with grief for innocence murdered, and trust broken into a million pieces.
You cannot imagine the worst thing in the world happening to your child. You cannot even think such a horrible thought.
A mother prepares for the day he arrives, she imagines what kind of person he will be and how she will love him and nurture him. I dedicated myself to him and my love for him was so great that his fat little feet didn’t touch the ground till he was two years old. My angel boy my gift, his name had come to me in a dream. So he was Dain, a Viking warrior, a fat little cupid, that laughed continually.
I wanted to write about something else, I want to write about a Green Day song, that’s all about being different, and free from popular opinion. But this evil comes back to haunt me, if I write this essay, will it leave me in peace? Will it leave my dreams alone? Can I ever rest in simplicity, knowing what I recognize?
I am going to wish I had not started. The most difficult part of writing this assignment, was worrying about shocking people, or distressing anyone. Most people don’t like unpleasantness in any form, I am one of them. I prefer g-rated flicks to horror. I prefer fairy tales to shocking news stories, but like it or not I was forced to face one of the biggest challenges of my life, and now I am likening a song to it. The song is Dead Souls, which is what Pedophiles are. They steal virtue for their pleasure, they take what is not their’s with no sorrow.
My favorite part of the assignment was listening to music, trying to guess what I would pick. My eclectic taste, leads me to Moody Blues, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Orgy… I was searching for happy music or at the very least a fun protest song.
There it was, the blue eyes searching my face, the boy telling me that he felt ruined, that he didn’t know what to do with knowledge that wasn’t innocent. We talked and I told him because of what happened to him, he felt loss of control, and he wanted it back, I told him I would find him a counselor again, and he could talk about anything he wanted, but he must never share the knowledge with a child. I turned my face away so he would not see my misery.
I failed my only son, the child of my heart. I did not protect him from the evil that lurked in our lives, I did not know there was such evil, and nothing I can do will ever put it right. Fucking Nothing!
My least favorite part of this assignment was conjuring up the bad memories, and my desolation. I hope to exorcise this devil instead of feeding it.

No comments:

Blog Archive