Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Waste of Ass Hair

I finished my finals last week, and started a new job today.
My day.... Get Daine and Kayla up, make sure they are dressed and have eaten breakfast, make a lunch for myself... Two whole wheat buns, some soft Austrian cheese, water, grapes and carrot sticks. DRIVE 25 MILES to Boise.
Drop kids off at school. Get lost... Find job site. Sit for an hour in my car, pretending to do paper work as the neighbors come out and look me over.
FIRST DAY.. Christopher, is 93 years old. He doesn't feel well, and he isn't about to be bossed or cajoled into eating and drinking fluids if he doesn't want to.
I won round one.. he won round two.
I suspect this will be a short job. His repirations were high, his blood pressure low.. poor color, sleeping a lot, acid reflux. As charming as I am, I don't think he liked me much. I would cook for him, spoil him, but he wants to sit quietly in his chair and die.
I am sad, but I know this is the way of the world. I am not a forceful personality, perhaps he needs Nurse Ratchet, not Glinda the good witch???
ten thirty to eleven thirty.. then I am suposed to sit in my car for a few hours and come back at 2:30 to 3:30 for another hour. I thought when I took the job that I would have one shift, for a few hours, not two one hours shifts. Its not worth the gas I am thinking. I will sit this out, however because I don't know what else to do.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Is this an every day assignment?

Maybe you can find a library or something nearby where you can sit and wait....

Not exactly a dream job, huh?

Dusky Dawn said...

they asked me to do it seven days a week, three split shifts. I guess they don't know that people actually have lives. I said, I could do it five days a week, two split shifts. BUT.. he doesn't want me there, I did bring him some soft cheese from the swiss alps, he sucked it down without a thankyou. I will look for something else, but anything is better then telemarketing.

Blog Archive