Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2007

My odd Day

Off to work I go, I am listening to Jethro Tull, and chewing on a piece of watermelon bubble gum. The window is down, the breeze blows my hair...I blow a big bubble,the breeze catches the gum and blows it out of my mouth and straight into my hair. I try in vain to pull it out of my hair, the gum is so sticky that my fingers are now stuck in my hair with the gum. I am now driving down the road with one hand on the steering wheel, and my left hand stuck in my hair. The song playing?..."Thick as a brick" I think I am going to walk into work like this, it's going to look very funny.
When I get to work, I have to cut a chunk of hair out, because the gum is not budging.
Later, I notice my cell phone is missing, I find it in the parking lot, then I smashed my thumb in a drawer, and I forget to put my keys in my purse.
Going home at 1:00 AM they (whoever "THEY" are)have my bolt hole the freeway blocked off, and I cannot squeeze past the barriers, I am forced to figure out how to get home in the dark another way. I am night blind, I do not know where I am. I am lost. IF I had a real boyfriend, I could call and say, " I am lost it is dark and I am scared, can you help me figure this out?" But I do not have a REAL boyfriend, I have Steven who is tucked nicely in bed with "youknowwho" and I am lost somewhere in the dark... still listening to Jethro Tull, but he is not singing "thick as a brick" anymore he is singing, "Too old to rock and roll but too young to die." I wish he would make up his mind. I am silently willing Steven to call me, and rescue me. I do not get a phone call.
I find Amity by accident, but I head the wrong way, I figure this out after nearly driving back to Boise again. If there is a wrong way to go, I will always take it, even if I say, "I think this is the wrong way so I will take it, it still is the wrong way.
Obviously after all the worry I am home safely.
I wonder if you can see the chunk I cut out of my hair?

No comments:

Blog Archive