Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Shrimp Monterrey


The boy brought home a bag of frozen shrimp from his sister's house yesterday, so I decided to cook it up for dinner. I am about half out of anything interesting to cook for dinner these days.
So I boiled the shrimp, added sea salt, cooked penne pasta in another pot, drained that, added powdered mustard,celery salt, milk,a can of cream of celery soup,parsley,and ground pepper.mixed it up, poured in the drained shrimp and a cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese. It was very good, the boy ate two servings along with green beans, because I don't have any salad stuff.
In the mean time, my sink is blocked up and I don't dare drain the pasta in the sink. The plumber fixed it, turns out... one small piece of orange peel caused the whole trouble. What the hell are garbage disposals good for anyway? I sure don't know, you can't put anything in them, and you have to call after hours maintenance, because heaven forbid anything would go wrong during office hours.

No comments:

Blog Archive