Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

so far there is still thirty dollars in the checking account


Did I mention that four men asked me out this weekend? Technically three, I invited myself over to B's house. I enjoy his company and his stories, and can sit and listen to him for hours without a hint of boredom. He at least takes the time to talk to me. S is still in Montana with the wife.I am getting a gripe list on him. It's getting longer and longer. The gist of the problem is I am always way down on his list of things to do.. did I mention things to do? Snicker. Well what the hell did I expect, I suppose I am rather pleasant in that department, enthusiasm counts for something.
What is love? I don't know anymore.
A wants me to meet him,C comes up with easy ways for him to go out, but more inconvenient for me. I guess the price of gas has made everyone cheap and less romantic, but really, give me a man who will come and pick me up and take me home after the date any day over these gentleman who want you to make their life easier.
I think I will get some flak for saying that but it's true. Not enough respect for women anymore or romance.
J is new, he had been building up courage to ask me out for over a month now. I knew this. I smiled at him one day at work, and I could see him blink in surprise. I should not complain that I still can have that effect on some men. He made it a point to come downstairs to the security desk where I was sitting and say hi to me every night we both worked. Yesterday he gave me his number and asked me out for dinner on Friday. I do hate telephones, most people know that. I think they are reserved for a courtesy call, like "HEY I am on my way over, get decent!" Or "do you have my kid? because he is missing."
So I don't like chatting, I cannot do anything with a phone stuck to my ear, and I am perpetually busy, even when I am not busy I am doing something which usually requires hands. Which reminds me I need to call my youngest daughter. I still have her birthday present in the car.
I will get up my gripe list on S soon, I guess he and I need to talk, especially if I am dating again and he doesn't know about that.
Maybe he should call me when he is finally on his own? However I think he will never leave her, its going to be like this forever. I don't like it this way.

No comments:

Blog Archive