Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

All I can say....28523

Your children will never be this age again. I wanted to do so many things. Provide dance and piano lessons, get them to try out for plays, spend time at parks, take them on adventures. They grew up and we didn't accomplish many of those things they would have been so good at. They were not privileged, they mostly had to wait for their needs to be fulfilled.
I was depressed most of their childhood. I tried to accomplish a few things every day, I tried to go through the motions of happiness. Some of it was due to hormones, some of it due to exhaustion, poor health, a great deal of it was being married to a selfish jerk. I could never rise above what he did to us on a day to day basis. He managed to tear down anything the children and I built. He had his own agenda, I guess his goal was making sure everyone was miserable, he fed off of drama. All these years later and I can almost remember the day to day pain, almost but not quite.
Today there is one left in the nest, due to poverty, work, poor housing condition, I am back wishing I could do more for my son.
Music lessons, let him try out for plays, maybe voice lessons... He curls up in a tiny ball of un-sociable, that I know he inherited from me, I am getting old, he is too young to feel so old. I am done thinking something good will happen, I am done waiting, I make good with the now that we have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. You write from the heart. Kudos. Sometimes we can only do what we can afford to do...talent lies within each of us and it's not easy to discover it. God Bless.

Unknown said...

That was very powerful and really pulled at my heart...

I can totally feel what your words are saying, I can relate in so many ways, and now, with my two year old daughter, I have days of feeling the way that you talk about...

We can only do what we can, we try our best and have to make that work even if we long to give/offer/share more...

My heart is with you, and I only hope that you realize that there IS so much good out there, and it IS yours for the taking...small steps, one day at a time, don't forget to take a moment each day to take in the things you do have to be grateful for.

Dusky Dawn said...

Thank you, you make it seem so simple.
Blessings to you are your child.

Blog Archive