Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Beloved car broke


Guess it is the starter. Now I have to budge the car whilst in second gear with my ample ass. this produces a click, which in turn puts the starter in the correct position, WHATEVER that is, and the car will start.. in theory.
I got called off work today so I haven't tried my new found technique.
I cannot afford this. I am thankful that this foundling car, found in a field where it had sat for six years runs as good as it does. A tribute to Andy's genius.
It seems now that it is awake, that little cosmetic problems are going on with it. Like the heater vent buttons are stiff, the locks don't work, the doors don't shut, the doors don't open, the emergency break is iffy. However I get very attached to things, and I am fond of this car, I never named it though, I just call it Stanza.
It is faded blue and it has a few dings on the side and the paint has faded over the engine, and I think it needs oil again.
It ticks when the engine is running, what does that mean? NOT a rod. I don't know what a rod is, but they are very bad when they go 'tick tick tick'

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

poor little car.....

Blog Archive