Search This Blog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Reign them thoughts in

It is an attention deficient type of day. I got stuff going all directions, and I would be eloquent if I could stop and focus.
I was thinking about death. I was thinking about the afterlife, and I don't believe in it anymore.
Too many holes in that theory children. This makes me a bit more selfish, there is no great reward for good deeds. Live a reasonable life, help people, and die. There is no returning there is no higher plane. Like a candle snuffed out, we like the lost flame cease to exist.
We did not exist before life, we do not exist after. So I am thinking, I better get it right, I better do those things I meant to do, because time is marching on and leaving me behind.
I don't like this getting a degree process, everything is on hold till I succeed in that genre.
Jenni asked me, (in regard to religion) "Are you still on our side?" I said yes to relieve her fears, but I suppose that I am not really on that side anymore. I am not bad, I am not inherently evil. I don't need a big god standing over me with a big stick to make me moral. I am what I am alone. I believe in honesty, I keep my word, and I do no harm to anyone. I find that I am more honest with people, perhaps more then most would like, but temperance is sometimes a lie. I do not like to lie.

No comments:

Blog Archive