Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gladys Carp

I am getting calls from Allied Collections. Its called Zombie calls. There is no phone number (it shows up unknown on the id) and a recorded message comes on and tells you to call them right away to take care of "THIS MATTER" then hurriedly gives a number to call. I have never been able to write down the number. THEY keep calling for the previous owner of this cell phone number. I looked them up in a google search. I called them. Mohammad (no kidding) answered the phone. He didn't even say the company name, he merely said "Hello" in heavily accented english. I said, "is this Allied Collections?" he assured me that it was. SO I told him I am getting calls from them and I would like them to stop. He asked me for my phone number... I thought "shoot! here we go" but I cautiously gave him my number. then he asked me for my name. I hesitated only a moment, and I said, "GLADYS CARP" and I spelled it out for him, he said, "wait a minute while I research that name." then he put Abhaya on the line. Abhaya said he had to research the name... "he surmised that Gladys Carp was not in his data base. He asked me to spell the name again, then agreed that she was not in his data base. He asked me if I knew where the previous owner of the phone number went. THEY clearly don't know how phone numbers work around here. I tried to explain about how cell phone numbers are assigned and no one knows the previous user of the number... but he didn't understand. He did assure me most effectively that Gladys would not get anymore calls from them.
IF Gladys gets any calls, I will know they are a scam. Gladys is merely an invention of mine, like national weazle day.

No comments:

Blog Archive