Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The graveyard in your soul-----------------------------18920


I was looking at the graveyard in your soul. It wasn't apparent when we were young, but I sensed its presence on a few occasions. I was too naive and trusting to suspect it could be there. I couldn't fathom its depth. I did not know what abuse does to a young girl over the years. No one for you to ask for help, knuckle down and accept your fate, with an almost christian belief. Though they never allowed you to be christian, you had more long suffering then the best of Christians. When we were older I sensed you wanted what I had. You thought by possessing what I had you would be better; somehow cleaner. You wanted my chastity and my wide eyed innocence. You wanted to trade me lives. Sometimes you hated me with an intensity that I could guess at but never pin down in my stupid self involved thoughts.
I wasn't bad, but how could I be good when I never suffered as you? Years later when your warped reality interfered with our friendship, I let you go. I came back, I always came back and reclaimed you as my friend, and tried to forget the past. You still don't really like me do you? You tolerate me for some reason, but you do not know that I know about the graveyard in your soul. You think me too shallow to understand. But now I Have suffered and I know more about your life then you would have allowed.

No comments:

Blog Archive