Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am inconvenienced, but not down for the count

Remember, a month ago, I asked for all the Doctor days off from work. I get these days off without pay. I cannot afford anymore Doctor visits for petes sake!
Yesterday, I thought was my final consultation with Dr. Wood in Meridian. 15 mile drive.
The car wouldn't go into gear, I was panicked, as you probably guessed, I was going to be a half hour early, but I allow time for getting lost, or the freeway being backed up.
I got the maintenance man for the complex to help me push it back into its parking spot. I had just filled the clutch reservoir, apparently the clutch needed more pumping. Mr. L said it should work... knowing he knows nothing of cars, I took the promise with optimism anyway and headed out. Grinding gears all the way. About kings road it wouldn't go into gear. GRIND! GRIND! (insert a few swear words!) I am not going anywhere. Still running... which maybe isn't the smartest idea, I hopped out... in the middle of traffic and start pushing El Gordo Blue off the road, (I hope) Cars whizzing by me just barely missing my behind and then a sweet little gramma type came driving by to help. She said she would not leave me if I was stranded, she had her grandchildren in the car. Who ever she was, she was an angel. I had already called Smith Towing. However much I didn't want to call Smith Towing, and I wasn't even sure "HE" would come and save me anyway, as he has many mixed feelings about me. sigh, most men from my past have mixed feelings about me.
Smith Towing did come to save the day, he knows what is wrong with the car, its going to be a 75. dollar part, I will have to get that come pay day next week. Meanwhile I am still going to have to drive it and fill the clutch reservoir constantly.
So Andy says, "You better call the Dr. and tell them you are going to be late." That was a good idea, and so I did, and the dr.'s office said my appointment was Wednesday. OK... good thing Andy told me to call.
Meanwhile, Poor Andy is trying to talk to Sherman, who initially wagged his tail and acknowledged Andy, but then wouldn't have anything to do with him. You could see it in Sherman's eyes. Sherman has a long long memory. After Andy had left, Sherman went to the place Andy parked his car for two weeks, then one day he gave up and moved on. So did I.
So I finished the day working that clutch and hoping for the best. I got the day done. Today I don't go to work till 12:30. Doctor appointment tomorrow morning, and I took the morning off without pay, Right! So I am thinking this will be the end of this until I have to have my stomach operated on and I can put that off till September or something so I can work my summer schedule and get out of debt. That's the plan.
So then.. Dr. Wood's office called and told me rather blithely they had to re-schedule my appointment. I whined a little bit... ok a lot. I told them, I took the day off without pay, I cannot take anymore days off, and could someone just tell me the news over the phone? I will not be able to schedule anymore Dr. Appointments. I have had four. that's enough!
I talked to three different women in the office,they were trying to schedule me for June, I said, no go. I start my new work schedule; tomorrow is the last day I am taking off, sorry, I would have liked to talk to the doctor, but I see its impossible. I know there was the underlying edge of kiss my ass in my tone, but I don't care, I am going to work as long as I can. So they put another nurse on the phone and she said, "I am looking at your results, you really need to see the dr." I said, can you give me a hint? She said... "well there is definite reflux." JEEZ LOUISE I knew that Einstein, but I kept my silence. She said, I will call you back, I am not going to let them cancel your appointment. This was a first for me. So she did call me back in 15 minutes and told me I had the same appointment and see me tomorrow. What the heck?! Oh well I guess whining can pay off sometimes.

No comments:

Blog Archive