Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Rabbie Burns Night


I wish you could have been at the dinner last night. It was more wonderful then I could have imagined. The music was spectacular. Chelsie's son Quinn is only a month old and he loved the bagpipes. They had a singer that had such a smooth lovely voice, I think she should be a recording star. One of the ladies there last night had been going to the Robert Burns dinners for seventy five years. I didnt know it is one of the longest running celebrations in the world.
There were lots of kilts, bagpipes, dirks, and sporans last night. Daine was most immpressed by the fancy drumming done by a band called the "Sleekit Beasties. We feasted on Roast beef and Haggis. I liked it, it was a bit like a spicy rice pilaf, or bulghar wheat, which I used to make all the time. Daine met a little boy who was one of the clan that started the celebrations, his grand father was a guest speaker. The little boy named Collin was wearing a kilt all the way from Scotland. He decided that he and Daine were friends, and they went all over the place together, I liked him very much. They held the dinner in the Jordan Ballroom, and I felt that I wasn't quite dressed up enough. All in all I thought the evening was well worth the money. Chelsie said she enjoyed it very much, and Daine says we have to go next year.

No comments:

Blog Archive