Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

House invasion today

I think I strained my back lifting the fat baby out of his crib. I don't get work man's comp. I don't even get sympathy.
I survived the weekend, and I thought of calling you, however I know you have other fish to fry, so I wait and think... but I know men and you will soon forget all about me.
I get the Grandsons at my apartment today. Chelsie's baby-sitter's kids have swine flu now. SO I get the little blessings on my home turf. My car is making funky noises I am not sure its going to survive more drives to Boise. I had to cancel Doctor Armentrout for my usual Monday appointment.
Part of me really doesn't care about that. IF he was going to offer me a job I would be there. I think I am past the therapy stage of my life. Talking doesn't change anything I have found out. I was going to suck it up and apply at jack in the box today. I won't because of the boys. Amazing how anyone goes anywhere with two toddlers under three years old. They are all hands in the store and manage to grab everything in reach.
I have already hid my east indian beaded lamp. the last time, Quinn unstrung a few rows of beads. They are too tiny for me to fix, I can barely see them let alone string them.
I was quite put out. I told him, "WE don't mess with grammas lamp." and he said, "OK" which Quinn says to everything. Ok... and he doesn't mean it.
I think I will feed them beans and send them home to their mother this afternoon. Never let it be said that I don't have a little mean streak.
Let me know when you would like to go out again. Maybe the Zoo, or the art museum. Or you could come over here and have dinner. Into the spiders parlor so to speak.
Are you going back to work today?
I dreamed I got a job last night, Damn.. now my dreams are filled with job hunting. I would rather have a science fiction or fantasy dream, not work.
Eventually someone has to give in and hire me. Its not like it used to be, there are hundreds of people applying for the same job, and most of them have experience and years younger then me. Though I am charming in a job inteview, I am still OLD and I Think that is what plays against me sometimes.
ANYWAY I am up very early in anticipation of the house invasion to come at five thirty

No comments:

Blog Archive