Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

bullseye on the butt again....

400 dollars in books netted me 40 bucks from BSU. Sux. I was hoping for more of course, I was hoping I would be able to get Daine presents for Christmas with the money from books.
Saturday someone knocked on the door and when I opened it there was a box with food and gifts for Daine and me. I have no idea who, Sherman headed out the door, he was going to apprehend the evil perpetrators.

I went to the Dr. today, my client that I was supposed to meet canceled, so I haven't started work yet.
The doctor said I had a virus go into my vocal cords, that's what causing my airway to shut down. She is sending me to a speech therapist on Wednesday. I never heard of such a thing, but she said it will be a recurrent problem if I don't strengthen my vocal cords. I said I would do anything, I don't want that to happen again. It usually happens when I am asleep or when there is oil in the air, like microwave popcorn, or dryer sheets. I can't get air,and I make a barking noise, she said I would pass out, and then my throat would relax. I don't think that sounds very reassuring. I fight for air until I can get a breath. Scares Daine half to death. I slept on the couch with the vaporizer going with salt in it. She gave me a breathing treatment today with saline. So I guess my idea of salt and vaporizer was what I should do.
I just remembered that living in Brookings I would walk along the beach and inhale salt air, and it would help my bronchitis.
I hope the speech therapist can help.

No comments:

Blog Archive