Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

15205 Oregon Coast circa 1995


Why I want to go back;
August 24th, 1995:
It was one of those perfect days that I couldn't believe was real. So beautiful that it hurt my eyes. Before computer, before most of my patience and optimism was squashed.
I was sitting on a rock listening to Janelle crack sunflower seeds above me and lazily toss them on my head. We were sitting on rocks high up overlooking the ocean, and the rock seemed tailor made for our butts. I wonder if we could ever find them again if we climbed down that beach path. My dog, half chow and half lab was practically doing cartwheels for joy. It was a long way from a cage at the humane society in Boise Idaho, to a deserted beach on the Oregon coast. He ran into the waves that were coming in and out, he dodged, and jumped with total doggie happiness. He chased birds in flight, one minute then checked on Chelsie who braved the cold water to swim. He was a family dog, and never quite liked anyone else.
The wind blew my hair back from my face I remember and I had such hope for a new beginning. 18 years of marriage had finally come to a stormy end, and I was free for the first time in many years.

No comments:

Blog Archive