Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

2 Motherless girls

I was thinking about Christiana and Maria. Two little girls without a mother. Their father is a very good man, he has no English to help him. They have a harsh existence. One of my tasks was to take CR to Fred Myers and shop. There she saw all the things that she could not have. She is eight, she likes lip gloss and sparkly girl things and Barbie Dolls. If I could I would buy a basket of things for them and leave it anonymously on the porch. They have so very little, and I know there father works very hard.
The trailer smells strongly of propane. I believe it has a gas leak. Do they not know? they try covering the smell with rose room spray, the combination is sickly and turns my stomach.
Christiana, doesn't know about how to handle books gently, or to walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. She thinks everything should have a prize if she trys very hard.
I am become a surrogate mother. Teaching her these things, and I want to give her and her sister lip gloss and color crayons...

No comments:

Blog Archive